Craving Lasagna? Zucchini and Pine Nut Lasagna with Eggplant Sauce is a fun gluten free twist on traditional lasagna dishes. Perfect for dinner any evening or is also great for dinner parties. We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do! Happy Cooking!
-Pure Modern Living
12 strips of gluten free lasagna noodles
3/4 cup pine nuts
2 tbsp. butter
4 zucchini, trimmed and sliced
1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
1/2 tsp. grated nutmeg
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 large eggplant, sliced
2/3 cup water
2 tsp. shoyu sauce
3/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1. Place the lasagna noodles in a large roasting pan and completely cover with boiling water. Leave for 10 minutes and then drain.
2. Place the pine nuts in a dry pan and roast gently for 2 minutes. Set aside.
3. Melt the butter and cook the zucchini with a little water until just tender.
4. Combine the zucchini pine nuts and ricotta cheese.
5. Add the nutmeg and mix together thoroughly.
6. In a separate pan, heat the olive oil and saute the eggplant for 4 minutes.
7. Add the water and shoyu and simmer, covered, until soft.
8. Puree in a food processor, adding extra water if necessary.
9. Place 4 strips of lasagna noodles on the bottom of a greased 3 pint rectangular dish and top with half the zucchini mixture.
10. Place 4 more strips of noodles over the zucchini and add half the eggplant sauce followed by the rest of the zucchini.
11. Cover with the remaining lasagna noodles and the rest of the sauce.
12. Sprinkle the grated cheese over the top and bake for 40 minutes at 375 degrees, until the cheese is golden brown.
Serve & Enjoy!